Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Balance On a Summer Day

Started today with yoga class. Eric, formerly one of Yogawood's best students and it's handyman, has taken over Jill's Wednesday class while she's on maternity leave. For once, I did pretty well. We mostly ran through stretches, Warrior variations, and sitting flexibility poses (yes Dad, the ones that make you look like a pretzel), nothing I can't handle. Eric's technically a good teacher, though his voice is a bit nasal and lacks the soothing quality of Jill's.

I ran quickly to the Collingswood Variety Store after class. They already had their Halloween and Christmas items out, but no new WebKinz.

It was still windy and somewhat cooler than yesterday...but also more humid. If another storm's on it's way, it didn't happen today. It was sunny to partly cloudy all day.

I stopped at CVS on the way home. Finally found inexpensive contact lens cases; also bought water, which I needed riding a bike on a hot day. Went straight home after that for lunch and to finish off the movie I'd watched this morning, Captain Ron.

I rode over to the Audubon Crossings Mall (the one behind the Acme) when I finished lunch. I needed new bras (some of mine were really stretched, and the wire is poking out of one), and Fashion Bug has nicer ones than Wal-Mart. They were having a 60% off their summer clothes sale...and a 15% off all items in the store sale. I ended up with two bras (another sale, 2 for 30), an apple-green t-shirt, and a new summer purse. All together, it cost exactly $40.

I took the long way home down Market Street in Audubon, over the bridge, and past the train tracks and the library in Oaklyn. I didn't want to mess with the road construction on Kendall again. (Not that they were doing anything, anyway. It's too hot to work on roads.)

Didn't really do anything for the rest of the evening. I watched more movies What's Up Doc? with Ryan O'Neal and Barbara Streisand and Big Business with Bette Midler and Lilly Tomlin), and went for a short swim in Dad and Uncle Ken's pool late in the afternoon. Had a nice chat about my family and my vacation with their neighbor Sandy, who was sunning by the pool when I was there.

No comments: