Monday, August 10, 2009

Swimmin' USA

I awoke to the hottest day of the year yet. It was 95 degrees here in South Jersey, and not really so much humid as it was just plain killer hot. Good thing I'd planned to mostly spend today inside or in the pool anyway. (I'm just glad they never called me in to work. It was definitely not a bike-riding day.)

Brought the laundry over to Dad's after breakfast. There was a lot of laundry to do today. I wanted to get as much clean as I could so I could pack this afternoon. I had plenty of time to play lots of Super Smash Brothers Brawl with Jessa (our Samus/Ness combo kicked rear) late this morning.

After tossing the laundry back in the dryer for a second go-around (it was still damp after the first), I hit the pool. Though the water was a mere 82 degrees, it still felt wonderful on such a hot day. I mostly just swam back and forth, enjoying the relief from the sizzling weather and the fact that I didn't have anywhere else I had to run to today.

I was reluctant to climb out, but I really did need to get home to put my clothes away and start packing. When I came back to the pool with my clean (and dry) laundry, my cousins Amber and Brian, their daughter Ella, and another kid, Keisha, were in the pool. It would seem they're going on vacation tomorrow, too. Amber said they're visiting relatives in Wisconsin, the only place Brian ever seems to want to visit.

(I also talked to Dad. We'll be heading for the 30th Street Station in Philadelphia at quarter of 10 tomorrow. The train leaves at 10:55.)

Not surprisingly, I spent the rest of the afternoon packing and watching cartoons and National Lampoon's Vacation, avoiding the heat. Just about everything's packed that can be packed now. (I can't really pack my cell phone or contact lens case until tomorrow, for instance.)

Oh, Lauren's not only letting me use one of her laptops again this year, she's giving me one. She bought herself a Mac laptop back in the spring and said I could have one of her older models. I'll still be able to update this blog and my Facebook page while I'm on vacation.

No comments: