Friday, August 21, 2009

Balanced Heat

Started today with my first Yogawood class in over two weeks. As always on Fridays, it was fairly full, too, 14 people with the teacher Micki. We worked on heart-openers - stretches, balancing, handstands. I don't think I'll ever be able to stand on my hands or do a full wheel. I just am not coordinated or flexible at all.

I ran the usual day-off errands after class. Stopped very briefly at the thrift shop, but they weren't open yet. I just left my small bag of donations at the door. I stopped at the Collingswood Library next to take a look at a book they had. Had a pretzel and water at the 7-11 on Cuthbert Road, then went down to the Haddon Township Library.

I spent a few hours in there, but I was mostly browsing. For the first time in months, there wasn't much for me to do. They must have really gotten caught up on book and DVD returns last week. I eventually took out four non-fiction books. One was on writing and publishing children's books, one on general job-hunting, one on copywriting, and one on how to get a job after completing college. (I want to figure out what I did wrong after I got out of college.)

Stopped at Super Fresh (they were having a $1.99 for 12 packs of English muffins sale, but they didn't have the whole wheat) and at WaWa (for a Junior roast beef hoagie and Coke Cherry Zero) before heading home. I spent the rest of the evening working on editing this month's Monkees role play main story and making Tex-Mex scrambled eggs for dinner.

It's just as well that I got home when I did. It was sunny when I went out this morning, but dark clouds had been gathering all day, and it was still really hot and humid. They'd reached critical mass around 4:30, and by the time I was editing, it was thundering and lightning and pouring in droves. It didn't last long, but it did make everything very wet (again).

No comments: