Sunday, August 09, 2009

Between the Storms

It was pouring when I first got up this morning. The rain was gone by the time I was making Blueberry Buttermilk Corn Pancakes, but it was still heavy, humid, and damp. I called Mom while watching the 1965 Beatles movie Help!. Mom's fine. She was alone this morning. Dad and Keefe had gone to work on the fishing boat. She's a little annoyed with Dad for not helping more with household chores, but he works a very labor-intensive job and probably just wants to relax when he gets home.

I spent the rest of the morning editing this month's Monkees Role Play story, which we finished last night. I don't know when this one is going to show up, since I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish the editing or not before I go on vacation Tuesday. We'll see.

It was cloudy but not raining when I left for work. My last day of work before vacation was busy and, thankfully, flew by. Those dark clouds were beginning to gather as I headed out of the Acme and rode home. They were nice enough to wait until twenty minutes after I got in to start thundering and showering, though.

No comments: