Tuesday, August 04, 2009

It's So Hot, It's Cool

It was a surprisingly nice day today. Very hot, into the 90s, but with a nice wind and no humidity. I did make my library run this morning. I organized the children's DVDs and shelved the adult ones. Also returned How to Murder a Millionaire and X-Men: The Legacy Virus, both of which I did get to finish. I didn't take anything out; I doubt I'll have the time to read much of anything before vacation.

Made quick stops at Rite Aid (their contact lens case was $6.99 - I've seen them cheaper elsewhere) and at WaWa (for a Cherry-Vanilla Coke Zero from their soda fountain) before heading home. Spent the rest of the afternoon adding more music to my MP3 Player and sweeping the porch. (This should do it for the MP3 Player. I left a lot of music on there from last year, so I won't need to spend quite as much time adding albums to it now.)

Work was steady-to-dead, no major problems beyond some obnoxious beginning-of-the-month customers and a lack of help. A frazzled manager told me when I came in that five people called out today, which explains why another manager actually tried to call me in this morning around 11. (No one told her about tonight, apparently.)

No comments: