Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Doing Nothing

Boring morning. I mostly just messed around online. I didn't think until later that I should have started job-hunting again. I know I've said I need to find a job that I want to do, look forward to doing...but it's a matter of making myself look. None of my job hunts ever seem to work out. I want to see some real results for once. An interview would be nice, or at least for someone to acknowledge my presence. I haven't been to a job interview since 2005.

It was relatively cool in the morning, so I baked a Blueberry Confetti Cake. By the time it was in the oven, it was getting hotter (but not really humid).

The Acme called me in around quarter of 11. Could I come in a half-hour early? Sure, no problem. I wasn't doing anything big (or that I was supposed to do). I got the cake out of the oven with just enough time to make it to work at 1:30.

The customers were fine today, but I did something dumb. I thought I was done at 7PM. I even signed out then. I thought my relief was late...but I was too early. I wasn't done until 7:30. I signed a slip that explained the mishap and went back to work until my relief did arrive (on time), but I still feel embarrassed with all the fuss I caused. If there's one thing I hate, it's causing trouble.

No comments: