Sunday, August 23, 2009

Summertime, and the Livin's Easy

Other than it remained hot and humid, today was pretty decent. Yesterday's clouds had vanished by the time I headed for work. I spent a quiet morning making Peach Whole Wheat Pancakes with two bruised Acme peaches and listening to the WOGL Beatles show. (Brian Epstein, the Beatles' most famous manager who pushed them into the limelight, was the subject of today's program.) I tried calling Mom, but she was busy getting ready for Anny and Skylar to arrive. I'd call her back later.

Work was steady today, with plenty of help and no major problems. I had no relief, and was able to get in and out with no fuss. Went home and did some stuff on the computer for a little bit, then made Crispy Pan-Fried Turkey Cutlets (with a corn meal coating) and Sauteed Zucchini, Onions, and Cheese Peppers for dinner.

I did finally get a hold of Mom. Keefe was on his way out; Dad was sleeping. Not much going on there. She's been playing games with Keefe. He's killing her at Parcheesi; she's killing him at Uno.

No comments: