Friday, September 25, 2009

Early Autumn

It was absolutely gorgeous this morning, 75 degrees and sunny as can be. It was too nice to spend the whole morning cleaning. After breakfast, I went out to the White Horse Pike to run errands.

My first stop was the Oaklyn Post Office. Silly me forgot to buy stamps for her bills when she sent them out, and they came right back to her. I bought my stamps and sent my bills along. Thankfully, the post office wasn't busy. The tiny Oaklyn Post Office is a total pain when there's more than two or three people in there. (Trust me. You should see it at Christmas.)

The White Horse Pike was busy with cars and people as I headed towards WaWa. A t-shirt shop was having a sidewalk clearance sale, but alas, I had just enough money for milk and a soda fountain drink. WaWa wasn't bad when I got in. I made myself a Cherry-Vanilla Coke Zero on the fountain, then headed home.

Spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon cleaning the kitchen. It wasn't quite as bad as the bathroom, but the stove in particular needed to be scrubbed. I opened windows and aired out towels, enjoying the fresh fall breeze. After I finished cleaning, I made myself a quick lunch of a slice of "Pillow Bread" (from Alton Brown's baking book) and honey, carrot sticks and peanut butter, and a tomato-cucumber salad.

Even cleaning was more exciting than work. Between the nice day and this being the end of the month, work was dead for almost the entire night, even during the usual rush hour time. I didn't have much to pick up afterwards, either. Mostly yogurt - Acme's having a 39 cent sale on Dannon Yogurt this weekend. Also bought toothbrushes for a dollar, Smart Balance butter, peanut butter, and another weekend sale, canned diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning.

No comments: