Friday, November 27, 2009

Bargains

I was up early this morning...but for 9AM work, not 5AM sales. I think that's crazy. Who cares how low the sales are? Unless you're truly an early bird, 5AM is when you should be sleeping, not shopping. Besides, I don't buy any large toy items or electronics for anyone.

Work was on-and-off steady, which is busier than I thought it would be. Normally, a grocery store is the last place anyone wants to be the day after Thanksgiving! Other than some mildly cranky customers (must have gotten up for those "doorbuster" sales), there were no major problems, and my relief was on time.

After work, I ran to FYE to see if they had a present for someone. FYE was slightly busier than usual, but they don't exactly have a lot of huge TVs laying around, either. They didn't have it, so I went back to the Acme to pick up the few grocery items I needed this week. I found a set of foam balls two of my cousins might like and picked it up for their Christmas present.

Two of the local stores in Audubon who have me on their e-mail list mentioned special Thanksgiving Weekend sales. I bought a gift for my brother Keefe from my old friend Bob at Abbie Road Used CDs. Had a nice chat with the owner of Willie the Woodsman's and Wife and bought Christmas presents for two of my best friends, Lauren and Amanda.

I just went home after that. The day was windy, cloudy, and much colder than yesterday, probably only into the mid-40s. It was certainly not a day to be out running around on a bike.

After I got in and put away my groceries and presents, I took down the Thanksgiving and general fall decorations and put them away, then dusted the windows. I want to finish cleaning tomorrow and start putting out the Christmas stuff by tomorrow night.

And my schedule next week is a pain. While it's only slightly fewer hours, with no long days or very late or early days...I don't get another day off after tomorrow until NEXT Saturday. How do they expect me to get anything done? I really, really wish I had consistent hours, so I could tell people exactly when to expect me. Flexible hours are for mothers with children and college students with classes.

No comments: