Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm Down

Once again, this was not a good day. I dropped an egg on my carpeted kitchen floor while I was making Banana-Oat Pancakes this morning and had to scrub that as well as I could. It would be less infuriating if it wasn't an expensive vegetarian-fed brown egg. I can't afford to waste those.

My parents apparently had a fight a few days ago. I tried to call Mom this morning to talk about it. I got the answering machine.

The Brunch With the Beatles radio show wasn't even that good. "The Beatles Live" was the theme. Shame they didn't do live concerts after '66. I really prefer their later music. The Dress Circle was so dull (and the hosts so condescending), I turned it off half-way through.

Work was insane all day, with long lines from 1 until I finally left at 6. I was only supposed to be there until 5, but they were extremely short on help, and there were call-outs. No wonder. Today was gorgeous, sunny and in the 70s, a far cry from the cold and rain late last week. They actually wanted me to stay until 7, but I was tired and stressed and wanted dinner. Yes, I need the money...but not at the cost of my sanity.

Talking to Mom when I got home did not help. She was just as tired, and not really up for any kind of a discussion.

Things are just so frustrating. I feel like I'm never going to be able to change anything. How can you be positive when nothing is happening?

The Eagles game wasn't even good. They lost to the Chargers, 31-23.

No comments: