Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Losing My Mind

As usual, the day started out well. It was sunny and gorgeous this morning, a perfect-for-November-in-New Jersey upper 50s, cloudless with no wind. After breakfast, I browsed in the Oaklyn Library for a little while, then ran to WaWa for milk. Also treated myself to a fountain Coke Zero with cherry and vanilla syrup. Just hung around for a while when I got home. Had a simple lunch of light Acme blueberry yogurt, home-made rye-whole wheat bread with farm market apple butter, and a banana.

I really, really wish I'd stayed home. Work was nothing but a pain in the rear end all day long. The lines were ridiculously long for a Wednesday, and we just didn't have enough people to handle them. People were cranky. People were obnoxious.

An older woman had a ripped bag of spice drops, so I went back to see if I could find her one, despite the line. All the baggers were rounding up carts. Maybe it did take me longer to come back than it should have, but the candies turned out to be part of a 10 for $10 sale, and the entire rack was almost bare! I thankfully talked the old woman into taking similar fruit gumdrops instead...but the two women behind her rudely and in earshot of me complained about how slow I'd been and why didn't I hurry up and oh, didn't she take forever? Hello, I CAN hear you! It didn't slow down until about a half-hour before I left at 7.

And of course, the chain on my bike falls off half-way through the ride home for no good reason. It hasn't been a problem in months! I ended up walking home in frustrated, angry tears.

I'm almost glad it clouded over sometime during work. I'm so frustrated and fed up and depressed and angry and lonely.

No comments: