Friday, November 13, 2009

Here's Hoping

The nor'easter continued to pound the Delaware Valley today, with gray skies, heavy winds, and on-and-off showers. I spent most of the day warm and cozy in my apartment. I watched Christmas specials (The Year Without a Santa Claus, Nestor, the Long-Eared Christmas Donkey, and The Stingiest Man In Town) and did job research online. I e-mailed the librarian for the Oakyln (Elementary) School down the street, asking her if I could volunteer there and if she had any advice on finding library jobs in the area. I haven't heard from her yet - we'll see what happens.

It was just cloudy and windy when I finally rode to work at 4. Work was busy when I came in, slowing down when I left, with no really major problems. I bought Draino for a clog in my bathroom sink (again).

Also found the animated version of Anastasia from 1997 in the $5.99 DVD bin and grabbed it. You're not going to find another 2-disc animated film for that price. It has about as much to do with Russian history as Disney's Pocahontas does with early American history, but Anya's a great heroine, the animation is genuinely cool, and the music's gorgeous.

Riding home wasn't nearly as much fun. It had started showering again by that point, and the wind was worse. I had no desire to call for a ride and try to drag my bike into someone's car. I rode home and got wet.

No comments: