Sunday, November 08, 2009

There's Gotta Be Somethin' Better Than This

It was an unusually sunny day in the Philadelphia area, warm for this time of the year, in the mid-60s. I read the Blackbird Sisters in bed for a while, then made Sweet Potato-Ginger Pancakes. Put on Brunch With the Beatles while the pancakes cooked. (The album Rubber Soul was the theme today.) Tried to get a hold of Mom. Finally left a message and said I'd call back after I got home from work.

Work was really busy today. We had to call a lot of people up front because we just didn't have enough help to handle the long lines. Thankfully, other than that and my relief was late, things weren't too bad...today.

I'm really tired of coming home stressed as heck. I can't help the price of food, how old you are, or if your city is falling apart or won't provide public transportation. Please don't take it out on us. My week was a pain in the rear end.

Came home, finished Victor/Victoria, and made a casserole from various odds and ends in the refrigerator, including a small can of tomato puree, the last chicken breast, the last of the cranberry beans (they were starting to smell funny), and the last of the fajita tortillas.

I didn't get a hold of Mom until I was online and listening to The Dress Circle's theme of the night, "An All-Star Sweet Charity." Other than Michael's had been just as busy as the Acme this week, she was fine. The Giants had just lost to the San Diego Chargers by one point, and she has high hopes for the Eagles game against the Cowboys at home tonight.

No comments: