Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Preparations

Had early work today, and a good thing, too. It was still sunny when I rode to the Acme at quarter of 9, but there were clouds on the horizon. By lunch time, the sky was dark...and by the time I finished at 3, it was starting to sprinkle. Between the weather, this being the last day of several 4-day sales, and the upcoming holiday, the Acme was crazy-busy for most of the day. Didn't help that we were out of the free turkeys and can't substitute. I was very grateful when my relief showed up on time and I was able to go straight home.

It was merely sprinkling when I left, but it started raining harder as I turned onto Kendall Boulevard, and it was definitely showering as I walked into my apartment. Good thing I hadn't planned on doing anything besides holiday cleaning for the rest of the evening.

I've finally figured out why my tub and sink have been so grungy these past few months. They really, really needed to be unclogged. It was still a little bad, but not quite as much as in previous months. I got the bathroom done so quickly, I was able to do the kitchen, too.

Which means, whew, I'm one tuckered-out girl! I think the only other times I've sat down today were break at work and when I was eating my chicken skillet casserole over whole-grain noodles for dinner while watching the Disney Babes In Toyland.

No comments: