Monday, December 28, 2009

Last Laundry of the Year

Yes, I did my last laundry run of the year today. I started it earlier than usual, since I worked at 2 today instead of 3:30. I ran some other errands in the Oaklyn area while the laundry was in the dryer. I went to CVS and bought Entertainment Weekly's Best of the Year edition, which I've done every year since high school. I finally made it to the bank and deposited last week's paycheck and all that Christmas money. I organized books and DVDs at the Oaklyn Library.

Dad, Jodie, Uncle Ken, and Dolores were in and out all day, shopping and running their own errands. That was fine. I really just wanted to get everything done. I headed home after my small load was finished, picking my way through the brush between the railroad tracks and the VFW parking lot.

After I got in, I had grilled turkey and cheese for lunch and did some things around the apartment. I put away the laundry. I updated my finances. I took out the paper recycling, including all those boxes leftover from people sending me presents that I've had sitting around my back room for years, in some cases. I ran a couple of Good Eats episodes on snacks, including one of my favorites on home-made pretzels. (I could have told Alton that the Philly area consumes more pretzels than the rest of the US put together. In Philly, you can find big, soft pretzels on any street corner or booth.)

Headed to work after putting out the recycling. It was windy and chilly, but sunny, and the ride wasn't too bad. Work was busy and annoying early on, with several cranky customers, but it died very fast after the 4-6 rush hour ended. I spent the last hour returning loose items.

No comments: