Friday, December 04, 2009

Working Balance

Started off a chilly, windy, sunny day with my first yoga class in two weeks. I guess I wasn't the only one who's been busy, either. There were only six people in the class today, counting me and the teacher Micki. Some of those people were newcomers, so we worked on simple Vinyasa moves and standing balance poses. I think I actually got the Flamingo.

Made a quick stop at Rite Aid after class and treated myself to one of my favorite holiday candies, Russell Stover's Coconut Wreath. The Coconut Wreath is a variation on a candy Russell Stover uses every holiday - a round of milk chocolate with coconut mixed in. During Easter, it's known as an Easter Nest; at Halloween, it's a Buzzard's Nest. I'm not normally a fan of milk chocolate, but mix it with crackly, crunchy coconut and you have some good stuff.

(At press time, the Coconut Wreaths are sold out on Russell Stover's site, which doesn't surprise me a bit. If you love coconut, look around for these - they're not easy to find.)

My next stop was the thrift shop. Erica wasn't in today, but I did find some nice items. Bought a vintage Wuzzles Christmas coloring book and the coffee table book The Whole Christmas Catalog for myself and presents for my friends Amanda and Lauren.

Next on my list of things to do was volunteering at the Collingswood Library. They had a few more things for me to do this time. I organized the DVDs and stuck bar codes on new library cards and application. Ok, not the most exciting work, but it passed the time and gave me more experience. In fact, I would have done the second page of bar codes, but it was 12:30 by then and I had to be at work at 2PM.

I rode home quickly after leaving the library, stopping to pick up the January Prevention and a CD of last year's Remember WENN stage show from my friend Rodney Walker. I didn't even have enough time to listen to the CD. I had a hasty lunch of whatever leftovers were in the fridge, grabbed snacks for work, changed into work clothes, and headed out.

Work was a total zoo for most of this evening. First of all, it's the beginning of the month. Second, it's the first Friday of the month - pay day for many people, including us. Third, we may be getting our first snow storm of the season tomorrow, though I suspect it'll probably be rain or slush. We very rarely get snow this early in Southern New Jersey. (And even if we do get real snow, I doubt it'll be around for very long.) People were doing their usual "let's panic every time someone mentions snow in the forecast" thing. I'm surprised there was any milk or bread left when I finally did my own shopping.

However, when I finally finished and headed out, there were ominous, greyish clouds in the dark sky. We'll see what actually happens tomorrow...

No comments: