Monday, January 10, 2011

The Forecast Calls For...Something...

I slept later than I'd planned this morning and didn't get to the laundromat until about 11:30. On one hand, it was just starting to empty out when I arrived. I had no problems getting a washer and a dryer. That was a very good thing. I had a lot of items to wash today, including towels and jeans. Thankfully, those huge industrial-sized driers don't take very long.

I made it home around quarter after 1. I just got everything put away and grabbed the Sally Lunn Bread to make a Peanut Butter and Apple Butter Sandwich when I realized that the half of the bread I left on top of the refrigerator didn't look great. In fact, it looked like it was doing a lot of penicillin-gathering. I cut off the worst of it and stuffed the rest in the freezer. Thank goodness I put the other half in the refrigerator! I was barely able to jam the sandwich and a banana in my mouth and rush off to work before it got late!

With a forecast calling for 3-7 inches of snow starting sometime tomorrow afternoon, the Acme was crazy all evening. There were a lot of annoying people, too, and people who just plain needed attitude adjustments. One lady yelled at another for moving her food so she could put her own on. Two more fussed about how much more expensive we were than Wal-Mart and oh, why did they come here, and why wasn't I better, and why wasn't the store better? Geez, if you don't like the store, don't go there.

It was so busy, I ended up staying an extra hour. I was going to have dinner at home, but I just bought a turkey hoagie and took that home instead.

No comments: