Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter Follies

Yup, we got snow. More than the last few times it's snowed, but still not huge piles. According to the ruler I stuck in the snow on my porch this morning, we got about five inches. It was very pretty when I was out there, sunny and glistening, with the snow sparkling like a thousand miniature diamonds.

It was also windy, and this did wreck havoc with my riding to work this morning. As it turned out, while Manor was still snow-packed by 10, the main roads were perfectly clear. I did ride my bike to work. Didn't help that my bike tire is deflating again. I hope it doesn't have yet another slow leak. I don't know when I'm going to get to that bike shop in Haddonfield to get more inner tubes.

It's a good thing work was dead throughout the morning. At least half of the daytime employees called out. I don't know why. The roads were fine. I'm assuming they couldn't shovel their driveways fast enough, or they were supposed to come in really early, when it was apparently still snowing. It was so dead this morning, I was able to shelve an entire cart of candy before my break! It picked up a bit later as we got closer to rush hour, but it still wasn't really busy. Thankfully, my relief was on time, and I was able to ride home before it got dark and icy.

Also thankfully, my neighbor had shoveled the steps and the walkways by the time I got home. I needed to take out the trash and inflate the bike tire again.

After all that, I made Baked Pumpkin Pudding from the Felicity's Cooking Studio cookbook, but decided I wasn't really up for anything else. I spent the rest of the evening watching Sailor Moon and the beginning of the Danny Kaye movie The Inspector General and crocheting. I'd had a massive headache since late in the morning. I took some cold medicine at home that helped somewhat, but I still don't feel quiet right. Between the weather and my head, I might skip yoga tomorrow. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

No comments: