Sunday, January 23, 2011

Taking Inventory

Started a late morning with Brunch With the Beatles and apple-cinnamon pancakes and half a grapefruit for breakfast. Today's Brunch theme was "The B Sides of Beatles Singles." Some of the most famous B-Sides include "I Am the Walrus," "Strawberry Fields Forever," "I Saw Her Standing There," "That Boy," "Day Tripper," "Revolution," and Ringo's "Act Naturally."

Called Mom after I finished my pancakes. She was keeping warm in today's 20-degree weather by working on craft projects inside. She and Dad were fine, but my brother Keefe had apparently picked up a really nasty stomach virus at school. She says he's having a hard time eating anything.

Spent a couple of hours on the computer after finishing breakfast. I've been wanting to do inventories for my various toy collections - the American Girls, Care Bears, WebKinz, Efframbee dolls, Sailor Moon dolls, and other stuffed animals, good teddy bears, and porcelain dolls. I started with the one I've had the hardest time keeping track of - the WebKinz. According to the "My Page" section in their site, I have 86 WebKinz! I know their names, but couldn't tell you much else. I at least got started with that.

Watched more Tales of the Gold Monkey and crocheted after I got bored with inventory work. Trunk From the Past, with Sarah receiving an Egyptian trunk from her deceased father, was my favorite of the three I did today. Honor Thy Brother was also quite interesting...and poor Jack the dog almost got his eye back!

Work was pretty quiet, which I highly appreciated after Thursday. Maybe the cold scared people off. As I mentioned earlier, it only got into the 20s here today, though it was sunny and only a little windy. I had one annoying customer who didn't read her WIC Check right and gave me attitude about it; otherwise, there were no major problems.

Oh, and I didn't find out until later, but it looks like the Steelers and the Packers are going to the Super Bowl. I'm a little disappointed. It's not like they haven't been there before.

No comments: