Sunday, September 18, 2011

Because They're Cousins...

Started today with Brunch With the Beatles and French Toast and a pear for breakfast. About half-way through the show, I switched to dubbing Perfect Strangers episodes. This sitcom from the 80s and early 90s has been a favorite of mine for years. It's how I met my best friend Lauren. I enjoyed a PS fanfic she wrote so much, I wrote her an e-mail praising it. She wrote me back, and I wrote her back, and we discovered we had a lot in common. That was February 2004, and we've been best friends ever since. She even sent me copies of rest of Perfect Strangers I didn't have that she'd traded for.

I finally got a hold of Mom around noon. I called her twice earlier, but all I got was a busy signal. Not surprisingly, Mom said she was talking to her sister Terri, who can be a chatterbox when she gets going. Mom said she was fine; she had the house to herself. Dad was out, and Keefe was spending time with his girlfriend Vicki. She suggested that I put my bad foot on a heating pad, the put it on ice, and if the pain didn't lessen by the end of the week, I should see a doctor.

I may have to. I hate to do it, but my foot really does hurt. I can walk on it, but it's sore. I had it on a heating pad for the rest of the afternoon and have it up on my blue milk crate coffee table now.

One of my managers tried to get me to come in around 1. This time, I said no. I really wanted to keep my foot on that heating pad for a while. It felt soo good on my foot, I was almost late getting out the door because I didn't want to leave.

Thankfully, work was a lot less hectic than the past few days. They apparently had call-out problems again, and then there's the fact that, once again, a lot of people are on vacation. (If I'd known September was such a popular time for vacations, I would have waited until later this month or early next month.) However, by the time I arrived at 3, the crowds were lessening, and the college students were arriving.

Not only was work not a problem, but a customer gave me a good suggestion for dealing with my foot. She said she broke her foot a few months ago and rolled it on a frozen water bottle to help it heal. I'm going to try that. I have a water bottle in the freezer as I type this.

No comments: