Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wishing for Simple Abundance

I slept a lot later than I thought I would. I guess I was really tired. I didn't get out of bed until 10:30! I didn't mean to sleep that late. I was up a lot later than I planned on last night. I get so caught up reading things online that I lose track of time.

Maybe it's just as well. It was raining when I woke up this morning. The rain had subsided by the time I finally got out to the laundromat to get my small load of clothes done. The weather must have cleared out the building, too. There were only a few people when I arrived around noon.

I worked on Simple Abundance: A Daybook of Comfort and Joy while my laundry was in the washer. I really haven't been feeling much comfort or joy lately. Nothing has gone right. My foot hurts, and because my foot hurts, I haven't been able to get to yoga. I hate hurting myself. It means I can't get anything done and it makes work even more excruciating than usual. It makes me feel like a baby.

I didn't finish almost anything I planned on doing this summer. I never went to Atlantic City. I never completed those fanfics I said I'd work on. I still haven't figured out how to start a business. How should I advertise myself? Could I do virtual assistant work? How do you do that? Everything was going so well last year. I felt so good. Right now, I just feel scared and frustrated.

Work hasn't helped. I wish we could keep some managers for more than a few months. I wish I could go in and out of jobs as much as they do! I don't belong at a grocery store. I smile to my customers because I have to, not because I enjoy the job. I usually get a lot more down time in the summer than I did this year.

When I got home, I put away the laundry and ran more Looney Tunes. It's a shame some of the later Speedy Gonzoles shorts have gotten a bad rap with fans as some of the worst of the series. A couple of them are really fun. I still love "The Pied Piper of Guadalupe" and "Mexican Borders."

The Acme tried to call me in, but they did it while I was at the laundromat. By the time I got home, it was 1:30, and they wanted me in at 2. I hadn't even had lunch yet! I had leftovers while the cartoons ran, then headed out.

Unlike Friday, this time, they didn't really need the help. It was steady when I came in and no more than on-and-off busy all night.

No comments: