Sunday, September 25, 2011

Trouble at Lincoln Financial Stadium

I slept until almost 10. Spent the morning dubbing Perfect Strangers episodes and baking a White Zucchini Cake to bring to Uncle Ken's football party. I called Mom, but she had Anny and Skylar over. I'd call back after work.

Headed for the party next. Craig, Khai, Dad, Jodie, Uncle Ken, Dolores, and her grandchildren Mercedes and Blake were already there when I arrived. The game had been on for about a half-hour, and things were already ugly. The Giants had two touchdowns.

More people arrived as the Eagles finally answered with a few touchdowns of their own. By the time I was playing marbles with Faith and chatting with her parents Samantha and David, the score was Giants 14, Eagles 10. I had to leave at half-time for work. Craig and Khai left then, too. I tried Craig's Reuben casserole (not bad), but I otherwise wasn't that hungry.

Work, thank goodness after last week, was mildly steady when I came in, dead when I left. I was able to put candy away between customers all night. It was sunny this morning. The clouds came in during work, and though it got humid again, it never rained. In fact, I saw another lovely sunset when I rode home from the Acme.

I just had a peanut butter and peach butter sandwich when I got home, then called Mom. Not surprisingly, she was tired after spending all day with my sister and her son. She did have some nice suggestions for my business, though. I'm hoping to help local small businesses and college students edit their papers, but I'm having a hard time figuring out where and how to advertise. Mom pointed out that most small towns have newspapers that announce events and festivals. Cape May County has one called The Shoppe. All of the local libraries have bulletin boards that might work, too. Not to mention, a quarter of the Acme's work force is in college. I could talk to them.

I've just been feeling really depressed lately. I haven't been getting out as much as usual. First of all, there's the nasty weather. Second, my foot is still feeling very sore. Third, I've been working a lot more than usual. Yes, yes, I'm aware that it means I'm making money, but the stress is driving me through the roof. Not to mention, I usually have more downtime in the summer. I haven't had as much time as usual to do anything, and when I have, I've been stuck inside because of the weather or my foot or I just don't have the time before work. And when I have had the time, I've been too down to do anything. It's just frustrating.

The Eagles game ended up being pretty frustrating, two. Three-fourths of the game was flags. There were fights, squabbles, and very unnecessary roughness from both teams all over the place. The Eagles' quarterback Michael Vick was apparently knocked out with a broken hand, and the Eagles got knocked out 39-14.

No comments: