Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Out Like the Kitchen Light

The day went well up through late evening. I spent the morning dubbing Perfect Strangers episodes. Work was fairly quiet up through the usual 4PM rush hour, after which it got busy but not insane. Thankfully, I finished at five, and my relief was on time. There were a few annoying customers, otherwise no major problems.

I went straight home. I was working on baking an Applesauce Cake and dubbing more episodes when the light suddenly went out in the kitchen. I couldn't figure out why. I have one of those fancy new bulbs in there that burns cool and isn't supposed to go out for years. I changed the bulb, but it still didn't work. The light in the refrigerator was out, too, and it didn't sound like it was running. I tried pulling the plug in and out, but it did nothing.

I finally called my landlady Miss Ellie. She and her nephew both checked the circuit breaker. Nothing seemed to be wrong. It appears to be the wiring. That's a problem. I pulled out fish for dinner tonight and was able to cobble together a meal of flounder and farm market apples, red potatoes, and heirloom cherry tomatoes. I went to WaWa after dinner to buy ice. My Styrofoam cooler is ready, but I'm hoping the things in the freezer and refrigerator will be fine if I just leave them.

I need to run to the Haddon Township Library tomorrow anyway. I'll just go out to breakfast.

No comments: