Monday, March 19, 2012

Good Day Sunshine

I awoke to a gorgeous, sunny morning, an incredible 70 degrees, breezy and warm. Ran Easter specials and Monkees episodes. It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown is my favorite Peanuts special, if only for the running gag involving Marcie, Peppermint Patty, and a hundred different ways of cooking eggs.

The Monkees episodes were both Peter-centric tales from the first season. Quiet Peter goes after a pretty debutante, with the help of the other three, in "One Man Shy." The frequently confused bassist is at the heart of a kidnapping plot in "Case of the Missing Monkee," and once again, it's his fellow bandmates to the rescue.

Finally headed to the laundromat around 11. I can't believe how busy it was! There were tons of young men milling around, several families, and Jerry Springer blaring on the TV. Thank heavens I got a washer and drier with no problems. I had a lot of laundry to do, and I felt awkward enough as it was.

When I got home, I put all of my laundry away, then went for a walk. It was a perfect day for it. The neighborhood just looks beautiful. The trees are just starting to bloom. The soft pink and cream blossoms on the magnolia trees scatter softly in the wind; the sweet scents of the bright yellow daffodils and vibrant purple and lavender hyacinths perfume the air. Bees buzzed all around as they sought the best nectar. I hiked down to Goff Avenue and could see clear all the way to the Ben Franklin Bridge.

I ran The Easter Bunny is Coming to Town while having the last of the chilli for lunch. The second of the three Rankin-Bass springtime tales is the only one to be completely about Easter. Sunny the Bunny wants to deliver the eggs from all-child Kidville to all-adult Town, but nasty Lady Lilly would prefer Town to stay grown-ups only...except for her nephew, kid rule King Bruce the Frail. Sunny and the creative residents of Kidville keep coming up with new ideas to get their products around Lady Lilly's laws...and learn how traditions are started in the process. Not the best Rankin-Bass special, but cute in its own way. I especially love the Hendrews Sisters, chicken proprietors of the special eggs, and their jazzy numbers.

I was surprised at how busy work was on such a beautiful day. I did get out to round up carts a bit around 5PM, but I was mostly inside. It didn't slow down until it was almost time for me to go.

No comments: