Thursday, March 22, 2012

Springtime Balance

Began a gorgeous, sunny, breezy day with yoga class. I was lucky I could squeeze in! I guess everyone in Camden County felt like trying yoga today. There were 23 people attending the 9:30 class at Yogawood today, counting the teacher Karin. Good thing she'd just taken her daughter Grace on a nature trip and mostly did moves related to spring and insects, which meant we were on the floor a lot.

I talked to Karin a little after class. I had to talk to somebody who would understand, or I'd go crazy. She was really sweet about it. She said that it might help if I concentrated on the things I love...and not the job I can't stand.

Went to the Collingswood Library after I settled down. I did file and shelve some DVDs there. Also did some shelf organizing; the kids' section was a mess. Unfortunately, I got no help with finding a writer who can be a mentor to me. FA directed me upstairs...and neither of the upstairs librarians could remember what writers they wanted to suggest for me.

GrooveGround wasn't a help either...but at least I had a nice lunch. Had a turkey, tomato, and bacon wrap with chips and a pasta salad made with vinaigrette. I also picked up a copy of What's On?, the local community events paper. I don't often eat there because they're dark and expensive, but the food is good.

Made a brief stop at Rite Aid, then headed home. When I got in, I went for a walk. I needed a walk. My mind is still all in a jumble. It was a glorious early spring afternoon. The breeze felt good on my shoulders as I trooped down Manor and back around in the area behind the school. The neighborhood looks so nice this time of year. The trees are in bloom (even though all the magnolia petals on the ground are slippery), and the daffodils and forsythia are so sunshine-y. It even smells nice.

Spent the next hour when I got in making a list of jobs I got from Career Ideas for Kids Who Like Writing, along with questions that I need to answer about each job, and places I could learn more about them. I got down "Author," "Book Packager," (think "book producer" - handles all aspects of publishing, including the writing), "Editor," and "Freelance Writer" down before I had to sign off and pack up for work.

Work was, once again, busy during rush hour but otherwise not a problem. I was even able to round up carts for an hour after my break. I'm glad I did. Even just spending time in the parking lot is better than being stuck inside all night.

No comments: