Friday, March 23, 2012

I'm Just Wild About Muppets

It was once again sunny and too warm when I hit the gym for my second session there this week. Had a really nice run on the elliptical machine, then worked on my arms. Not surprisingly, given the weather, it was very quiet there this morning. There were a few people on the treadmills and stationary bikes, but I had the weight machines to myself once I got over there. When I finished, I stretched and headed out quickly.

I still had to run to the Acme for my paycheck and groceries. I had quite a bit to get today. They're having a really good sale on skinless chicken thighs and cutlets, and I grabbed another spiral ham for Easter, too. Picked up peanut butter and the new Smuckers fruit spread (the prices weren't great on either, but I'm about half out of what I have in the fridge now), butter (had a coupon for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter), eggs (didn't need-need them, but there was a $2 sale on Land-O-Lakes Brown Eggs), cooking spray (on sale), chocolate chips, and brown sugar (ran out after making the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies on Tuesday). Restocked pears, tangelos (good sales on both), grapefruit, and bananas.

When I got in, I watched a couple of third season Muppet Show episodes while unloading the groceries and eating leftover ham, collard greens, and sweet potatoes for lunch. Gilda Radner sings selections from The Pirates of Penzance with a six-foot carrot and gets really stuck on Beaker during a tap number. Pearl Bailey does a rousing version of "In the Good Old Summertime" with the Electric Mayhem, then joins the whole cast for a spoof of Camelot...using songs from just about every other 50s and 60s musical. Jean Stapleton is wild about Crazy Harry and his exploding music.

Before I started working on the career list, I saw a blinking light on my land line phone, indicating a message. One of the librarians from Collingswood had called back and said they managed to contact a woman who might be willing to help me after all! It's too late to get a hold of her tonight, but I'll e-mail her tomorrow.

I added more careers to my expanding list, then got my uniform on, threw together dinner, and headed to work. Work was a little busier than the last few days, but still not too bad. I was able to do some returns before the rush hour crowds came in.

And my schedule next week is a bit more manageable, too, Not as many hours, but only one late day and one relatively long day, Tuesday, with Monday and Thursday off.

No comments: