Friday, March 02, 2012

I'm a Writer

I was up until 3AM last night reading the stories from our old Monkees Dream World series. First of all, I may as well say it here - that series is finished. Lauren and I both burnt out on it. It really ended a few years before actually stopped writing it, and I doubt we'll ever pick it up again. Even if we do write anything else Monkees-related, it won't be from that series.

That said, Davy's death has made me take another look at it and at my involvement in the fandom. I would really like to bring the Dream World series to some kind of a conclusion. Lauren and I just dropped it when we started writing Bowery Boys stories, without really ending it. I tend to do that a lot, and it's time to break that habit. I want to finish the two non-Dream World Monkees stories that I have that are closest to fruition, The Monkee Knight and The Little MerMonkee, as well.

I got up too late for the gym, but I did get a chance to hit the Acme. They were pretty busy when I came in for my paycheck and groceries. I forgot a coupon for the Emerald Trail Mix bags, and they were out of the brown eggs I like; I ended up getting both later. I did restock fruit and vegetables and picked up olive oil, Scotties tissue, and that yummy Lipton tea in the pyramid-shaped bags on sale. Also needed sugar and fish packs.

When I got home, I put everything away, then went online. I wanted to do a little research on copywriting websites. Yes, I lack a portfolio...but once again, I know my territory, and I'd be willing to work fairly cheap. Most of the small businesses in this area can't afford the expensive copywriters who work for big companies. I just want to help the people here. Frankly, if I never had to do any kind of work for a major corporation again, I'd be very happy.

Speaking of, work was pretty much the same as last night - quiet when I came in and when I left, busy during rush hour, with plenty of help from the new recruits. They may have helped make my schedule a bit less crazy, too. I have 25 hours and two days off; not as good as the last few weeks, but about par for the course at this time of year. I really need it. I have a lot of things I want to do in the area and at home.

And while it was only cloudy when I went in, I found out why it was so dead later in the night when I came out and discovered a light shower. I rode home in the rain and got damp.

No comments: