Wednesday, March 28, 2012

He's In the Navy Now

I slept in a little bit this morning, not nearly as long as yesterday. I wanted to make a gym run. It was still sunny, warm, and windy when I headed over to Lucile Roberts around quarter of 11. I finally upped the time on the bike to 25 minutes. It did me good. I was nice and sweaty when I finished; went right into my leg machine work out. There were a few people on the bikes and treadmills when I got in, but by the time I left, the place was almost empty, which was fine by me.

I went straight home afterwards and did something I've been meaning to do. I wrote a letter to my brother Keefe, who is in the Navy. He's graduated from boot camp earlier this month and is now stationed near Charleston, South Carolina. Mom sent me a photo of him in uniform, and he looks incredibly handsome. She said he's already gotten stripes for being the top sharpshooter in his unit. I'm so proud of him, and I told him so in my letter. I always knew he was a brilliant kid. He's wanted to join the Navy for a couple of years now.

After I put my letter in the mailbox downstairs, I had a spinach and mushroom omelet for lunch, then messed around on the computer a bit before work. By this point, it had clouded over a bit and started showering lightly. Very lightly - it was ending even as I rode to the Acme.

The rest of the night was pretty much a repeat of most of this month - very busy during rush hour, quiet thereafter. It was so quiet by 8PM, I was able to shut down with no relief.

No comments: