Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Springtime Sunshine

Started a gorgeous but still windy spring day with a run to the gym. It was too nice (and I got in too late) to be there for long. I did 20 minutes on the elliptical machine while watching The Price Is Right, then moved onto the arm weight machines for 10 minutes and another 5 or 10 minutes of stretching. I wasn't the only one who kept my work-out short. There were only two people on the treadmill when I came in, and not too many more in an exercise class behind them. The one person I'd seen on the weight machines was long gone by the time I got there.

Made leftovers for lunch and ran some more Monkees. In "Monkee Mayor," Mike Nesmith throws his green wool hat into their town's political ring when several neighbors homes' are targeted by a scheming contractor out to build parking lots. Micky finds himself taking on another kind of con man in "I Was a 99 Pound Weakling." When he joins a sham health club to impress a pretty girl, Peter and Davy end up rescuing him, from the con man and himself.

Work was a little bit less busy than yesterday, especially when I went in. Otherwise, it was pretty much more of the same. I was asked to come in early on Friday, but I turned them down because I was going to do the gym that day. I thought about it and mentally revised my schedule, but by the time I did it, they'd asked someone else. Now I'm a little embarrassed. I don't have that many hours this week.

In good news, two packages in the mail I've been waiting for finally appeared on the front porch. One was Molly's cute peach bathing suit. It's the last outfit I wanted for her that isn't retired yet, and it comes with a lot of pieces, including a chunky "shell" necklace and a beach towel.

The other was two books I ordered off of Amazon. Barbara Michaels' The Wings of the Eagle is one of my favorite books. It was out of print for years, but it seems that her books have finally been re-released in paperback. I'm a sucker for Gothic romances and Scarlet Pimpernel-esque stories, and this has both themes in spades. Also bought The Artist's Way. I took another Julia Cameron book out of the Haddon Township Library last spring that really did a lot for me, and I'm hoping this one will be equally helpful.

No comments: