Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bring On the Rain

Very quiet day here. I got up around 7 originally...then rolled over and went back to sleep until 10. Lauren and I are usually up late chatting on Saturdays, and I chat with Linda and others at the WENN chat as well. After I finished with my journal, I switched on Brunch With the Beatles. Even they weren't doing anything exciting. The theme was "A Decade of Beatles #1 Hits," also known as "What we run when we're out of ideas and everyone is on vacation." We went from "She Loves You" to George's "My Sweet Lord" as I made Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes. Tried calling Mom, but I didn't get her. I'd call again later.

The rest of the afternoon was passed quietly. I still have a lot of Bowery Boys stories to edit. There's at least four more to do before I even get to our recent Three Stooges fanfics. I'm debating whether or not to post these on my current site or wait. I'm thinking of moving our fanfics and my original work to an inexpensive website host. It'll look far more professional than the free popup-laden, graphics-less site I have now. Trouble is, I don't have the money for extras like a fancy website. It'll probably have to wait for the fall, along with any other classes I want to take.

Work was no problem whatsoever. It was busy when I arrived. By 7PM, it was so quiet, I spent the last hour returning items people didn't want. I was in and out with no problems.

It had been hot and humid all day. Dark clouds were building up when I rode home. Thankfully, they waited until around 9:30 to actually burst, by which time I'd been online and inside for a while. In fact, a nice thunderstorm is passing through even as I write this. As long as they do it at night, I hope they burst a lot. We still badly need the rain.

Oh, and I did get a hold of Mom. Other than she's been happily without a working Dad the past few days, she's not really doing much. Cape May County is flooded with people escaping the heat in the cities. (Which explains why it's been so dead here the past week or so.)

No comments: