Sunday, July 08, 2012

Editing the Boys

Lauren and I were up until almost 4 last night! I chatted a bit with Linda, James, and Mike, too. I didn't get up until past 10:30. I started listening to Brunch With the Beatles, but I ultimately switched to the Three Stooges while making Mixed Berry (blueberry and blackberry) Pancakes for breakfast. Lauren and I have switched from writing Bowery Boys stories to Three Stooges - they're her new thing right now. Since the next stories we have planned are fairy tale spoofs, I put on "Squareheads of the Round Table," "Fiddlers Three," and "Restless Knights" this morning. "Squareheads," one of the best Shemp-era shorts, is my favorite of the trio, but there's some fun bits in the others as well.

Called Mom as "Fiddlers Three" ran. Poor Mom spent the 4th of July dodging a nasty flu bug. She did have the time to watch all of Yankee Doodle Dandy - she's the one who used to like to watch it every 4th with my sisters and me when we were little. Otherwise, she had a quiet week finishing up the cleaning from the party and scrubbing the house. Dad's been out fishing and will be gone on business matters next week - she quite happily has the house to herself.

Spent the next couple of hours editing Bowery Boys fanfiction. I have stories backlogged from last Christmas I haven't edited yet, much less posted, along with the Stooges stories we've just started working on. Look for them trickling down to our site in the next few weeks.

I had a quick lunch of leftovers, then headed to work. Work was mildly steady, no more. Everyone must have fled to the Jersey Shore or the Poconos now that the holiday week and extreme heat are over. I was in and out with no major problems whatsoever.

No comments: