Wednesday, July 18, 2012

In the Heat of the Morning

Whew! It was a scorcher here today, hitting the upper 90s...with a heat index that went into the 100s and climbing. I once again slept in, but this time, I hit the gym before work for a little exercise in air conditioning. Once again, it wasn't too busy. I got a really nice run in on the stationary bike, then worked on my legs. I'm so happy with how my weight machine workouts are progressing. I can lift 40 pounds on most of the leg machines now.

Needless to say, I went straight home after that. I had leftovers for lunch while running some more Stooges. "You Natzy Spy!" and "I'll Never Heil Again" from 1940 are historic entries in the Stooge canon for more than just some dead-on political satire. These were the first American comedies to outright spoof Hitler and what he was doing in Europe at the time. It helps that Moe does look like Hitler (with or without the right mustache). Moe is the dictator of the Kingdom of Moronika, Curly and Larry are his men, and they proceed to chase every woman in sight, including spies for the dethroned king.

Work was pretty much the same as it has been - steady during rush hour, otherwise not that busy. Thanks to being short on baggers, I did get to round up carts later in the evening. It was a good time to get carts. By 7PM, clouds had moved in and covered the unrelenting sun, and there was a nice breeze. It was still very hot and humid, but a bit easier to take than earlier in the day. I got my second workout of the day in.

No comments: