Friday, July 13, 2012

No Scares On Friday the 13th

Sorry folks, but the Three Stooges are as scary as I get. I started the day with a couple of their spookier shorts. Shemp accidentally eats a diamond in "Crime On My Hands"...and the thief who stole it wants it back by any means necessary! "The Hot Scots" takes the boys to the UK, where they have to solve a mystery in a seemingly haunted castle. Curly joins Moe and Larry for "Spook Louder", as the three ferret out three spies after a death ray and try to figure out who's throwing random pies.

Rose called while the shorts were running. She wanted to say "hi" and remind me to make a doctor's appointment. I've been putting off getting a check-up. It's just a pain in the rear. I wrote down a couple of AmeriHealth doctors in the area and called up one of the women. My appointment is August 8th.

The gym was a little busier than it has been the past few Fridays. I think I read that there was a class at 9:15. I guess a lot of people decided to stick around afterwards. There were quite a few people on the cardio machines when I arrived at 10:45. I got a really nice little workout on the elliptical machine in; worked up quite a sweat. Did the arm weight machines afterwards and worked with hand weights. This time, I was able to stretch on the carpeted square-shaped stage used for classes.

I rode back to the Acme to pick up my (large and much-needed) 4th of July paycheck. I had a little grocery shopping to do, too. Found ground lean turkey on a sale made even better by a manager's coupon. Also needed tortillas, milk, sponges, blueberries, and baking soda. Picked up the Emerald Trail Mix boxes again. I still have coupons from the boxes. That 10 dollar off coupon I got in one of the Giveaway Game tickets last week was a big help, too - dropped a $24 order to $14.

When I got home, I put everything away as quickly as I could, then grabbed my bike. I stopped at Andrew's to finally give him the rent check, then rushed to the bank to deposit the money from my paycheck and Dad. Thankfully, there's enough leftover for a short mall trip tomorrow. I have a few things that I absolutely can't put off buying anymore.

When I got home, I had leftovers for lunch and started Green Lantern. I finally got rid of the last of the crab claws, which ends that massive mountain of seafood Mom and Dad gave me last month after Keefe's party. I left for work early so I could get my schedule before going in.

Work was a little busier than the last few days; otherwise, it wasn't bad. It was busy through the end of rush hour, after which, it died very quickly. I had no problems getting in and out.

Not a bad schedule next week. Two days off; two late days, Monday and Friday. I work at 11AM Saturday, which means I'll have to rush the farm market run. I might be able to pull it off if I get up early enough.

No comments: