Friday, July 27, 2012

Olympic Heat

Team USA aren't the only ones who wanted a workout today. I headed to the gym around 11 for a good session at Lucile Roberts. Worked on the elliptical machine while watching The Price Is Right and worked up quite a sweat. I did a quick session on the arm weight machines after that. It was surprisingly busy for a day that remained hot and humid despite the rain yesterday.

Headed to the Acme next for my paycheck and groceries. While Lucile Roberts was busy, the Acme, surprisingly, was not. I was easily able to restock eggs, milk, the Emerald Trail Mix bags, Kool Aid, and yogurt. I needed salad dressing; I had a coupon for Acme's generic Essential Everyday brand from the Giveway Game. Also grabbed two of the smaller Kraft salad dressings for a dollar each in nifty fruit flavors. I was almost out of sugar; good thing the Acme was having a good sale on their 4lb bag. Chicken was still on sale, too, as was Acme's generic Cheerios. Since I had a coupon for free Essential Everyday whipped topping, I bought things to make a mousse pie for my dad Bruce's birthday tomorrow. Grabbed cards for Dad and for my nephew Skylar, whose birthday is Tuesday. Treated myself to another Greek frozen yogurt on sale, this one called Adonia. I just went with their vanilla. It's pretty good, smoother than Ben & Jerry's - I tried a little when I got home.

I had enough time when I got home to put everything away, have leftovers for lunch, and run two Peanuts specials revolving around sports and competition. You're a Good Sport, Charlie Brown, throws Chuck into the exciting world of motocross racing. He and the other Peanuts learn that slow and steady wins the race when he's pitted against Peppermint Patty and "The Masked Marvel" in a big biking competition. "The Masked Marvel" returns for You're the Greatest, Charlie Brown. This time, Chuck and Marcie are entered in the decathalon for their school's big track meet. The Masked Marvel and obnoxious Freddy Fabulous from Fremont are determined to win. Marcie and Chuck, on the other hand, know that being a good sport is just as important as winning.

Work was steady for most of the evening. It's Friday, and we're getting close to the beginning of the month. It was actually busy until right before I left at 8:30. I even got to see a little of the Olympic opening ceremony as I was retrieving my bike from the break room to head out.

My schedule is par for the course for this time of year. My only very minor complaint is, after tomorrow, I don't get a day off until Thursday. On the other hand, this is offset by no hours as late or as long as this week. (The latest is 9:30.)

No comments: