Monday, July 09, 2012

Doin' the Laundry

Which is pretty much all I did today. I was once again up late with Lauren, and I slept until past 9:30. I didn't get to the laundromat until almost 11:30! It was on-and-off sunny, very humid but nothing resembling as hot as it was last week, far closer to the norm for this time of year. There were a few families when I arrived, but by the time I left, there were one or two other people folding clothes and watching Who Wants to Be a Millionaire on Channel 6.

I went home and spent some time putting away my piles of laundry. I had a big load today, thanks to changing the sheets and towels last week. When all of that was finally done, I had crab legs and leftovers for lunch while finishing Snow White and the Three Stooges. (Lauren and I are in the midst of finishing a Stooges fairy tale spoof.) After that, I quickly packed lunch and changed, and was off to work.

Work was pretty par for the course at this time of year - quiet when I left, quiet when I came in, nuts during rush hour. Most people have probably gone on vacation...which was confirmed when I heard a manager complaining about how many Acme employees have begged for vacation in the next few weeks. (Good thing I'm not taking my next vacation week until late September-early October.)

The outside of the apartment is looking better and better every day. They totally cleaned up the side path leading to my steps, cleared out the gutters under my roof, and finally replaced the floodlight downstairs. While I appreciate them sweeping my porch, I do wish they'd left the boards alone. Miss Ellie had them there for a reason; they're covering weak spots.

No comments: