Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Late Sleeper

I can't believe I slept until 11:30 this morning. I guess I really do need rest. Yipes! That didn't leave me much time for a breakfast of oatmeal and a blood orange, the last of the bean-vegetable soup for lunch, or more Three Stooges western-themed shorts. Curly, Moe, and Larry are "Three Troubledoers" when they help Nell the blacksmith (Christine MacEntyre) rescue her father from bandits. Shemp returns for "Merry Mavericks," as he, Moe, and Larry protect a safe from a gang who intend to use a ghostly legend to scare them away from it. "The Tooth Will Out" was originally intended to be part of "Merry Mavericks"; when that short ran over, it became it's own short. This time, the trio find themselves dentists in a western town, where one very nasty bandit wants his tooth pulled...or else!

I did get one thing done today. The porch badly needed to be swept. It's the height of the "fuzzies" season, when all the little dried seed pods fall to the ground. They blow around like tumbleweeds, and the yellow dust gets everywhere. I've been seeing fuzzies in the apartment! I usually wait until the fuzzies are all down, but it was such a mess, I just couldn't put it off anymore.

Work was pretty much the same as it has been  - quiet when I came in, quiet when I left. It was only busy during rush hour, though it got really bad then. It showered a little on the way to work, but the rain was stopping even as I arrived. To my knowledge, it hasn't rained since.

No comments: