Saturday, January 26, 2008

Cabin Fever

I spent most of today at work, in fact a lot more than I planned to. I was asked to come in today from 10:30 to 4:30 on Thursday afternoon; apparently, someone had to go to a funeral. No problem. I would have ended up at the Acme anyway to go grocery shopping.

I ended up being asked to stay later, though. We were really busy, and there were several call-outs (including the one kid who never bothered showing up or calling yesterday; he pulled the same today). I felt bad because they were so busy, but I only stayed an extra half-hour. I really did need to buy fruits and vegetables before everyone cleared out that $1 a bag sale. (In fact, the spinach was cleared out when I finally got to it; they were substituting Acme bagged spinach. Thank goodness they did have the Multi-Grain Cakes I love. They're like rice cakes, but made with grains instead of rice; they're crispier, with a much nuttier, tastier flavor. I don't really like rice cakes, but the Multi-Grain Cakes rock.)

I don't know what's with me lately. Maybe I've just been inside too much. Maybe I've been working too much. I've just been thinking...is this all there is? Is this all I'm good for? Is this why no one wants to hire me? Because I have so little experience doing anything besides shoving food across a register?

No comments: