Monday, January 07, 2008

Happy New Year Blues

I think I'm either coming down with something, or my sinuses are acting up. I still have that monumental headache that's plagued me all weekend, and I've had a sore throat on and off.

Maybe it's the weather. It suddenly jumped to a very spring-like mid-50s here. It's supposed to be like this all week, which will make the people taking down outdoor Christmas decorations and running post-holiday errands happy, but seems wrong. Last year, we had a few weeks of this...then, by mid-January, it suddenly and without warning dropped to 30 degrees and remained that way until April.

I spent the morning putting away the Christmas bears and other soft holiday items. I had to do some creative pushing and shoving, but the bears are all back in their container, Paddington and Happy are back on my bed, and Samantha, Carrie, and the Sailor Moon dolls are back in their regular clothes. I'll do the tree and the garlands tomorrow and put up some winter-themed snowflake/snowman decorations I bought at the Acme today for 50 cents, which will officially finish up my Christmas season. If my head's up to it, I'll start cleaning later in the week.

Work was steady and often busy, with a lack of managers and especially baggers again. I wish people would tell these kids what they're getting into BEFORE they sign on, so they don't leave us high and dry when they decide they can't (or won't) do the work.

No comments: