Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Rained-Out Holidays

The rest of my day was quietly pleasant. As it turned out, I never made it to Yogawood with Rose. She called early in the morning and said she wasn't feeling well and wasn't up for going. No problem. I went out to the yard after breakfast and started raking. Unfortunately, it was obvious it had rained overnight. Everything was wet, and it was warm, cloudy, and ridiculously humid for this time of year. I'd only been raking a half-hour when it started raining hard. I ended up spending the rest of the afternoon inside, baking gingerbread cookies, wrapping presents, and getting my Christmas cards together.

Work was more of a pain. First of all, Donna called me in a half-hour early about ten minutes before Mom called with the big news about my new nephew. I didn't mind that so much. I really needed the hours. However, I had to call for a ride because it started pouring again around 3PM and I was due in at 3:30. Jessa drove me to and from work. Turns out she'd finally gotten her license after failing last summer.

Though work was steady, there was quite a few cranky people who wouldn't bag or just acted obnoxious. Thank goodness my relief was on time for once. Jess and I went to the FYE behind the Acme afterwards. I wanted to buy a present for a family member; Jess just wanted to prowl around, and she ran into some friends from her Catholic school, too.

No comments: