Monday, December 01, 2008

Christmas Balancing Act

Finally got back to Yogawood this morning after having to skip it last week due to work. It was surprisingly quiet. There were only seven women there today, not counting me and the the teacher, Lisa. Lisa was a good teacher, sweet and very enthusiastic, but I have the feeling a lot of people are still getting over the Thanksgiving Weekend.

I stopped at Rite Aid briefly after class to buy contact solution, then headed home. I began this year's Christmas decorating as soon as I got in, hauling out the bags with the large items and the crate with the garlands. One garland, the one I usually put on the DVD and video rack, was looking stringy. I originally got it in college for my dorm room. I tossed it and used the red poinsettia-like ribbons I usually tie around it on the tinsel garland that gets wrapped around the top of the baker's rack instead.

I had a very windy ride to work, but thankfully, not a chilly one. It had been on-and-off cloudy all morning. Work was steady tonight, surprising for the beginning of the month, but what crowds we did have were annoying. Doesn't anyone know how to count anymore? At least three people had to return a quarter or more of their orders because they didn't have enough on their cards or enough money to pay for them.

I got lucky weather-wise again. The streets were wet when I came out, but it wasn't raining and the wind was gone. It didn't start raining until more than an hour after I was home and beginning the next Monkees role-play story with Lauren. (Look for this year's Christmas story in mid-December!)

No comments: