Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Welcome to Fall

First of all, I hope all of you enjoyed the first official day of the fall season.

Started the laundry early today, since I worked at one. Uncle Ken, Dad, and Dolores were home when I first arrived, but Dad was the only one who stayed. The other two eventually went out to run errands. I read a book on writing and publishing children's fiction while the laundry was in the washer and ran to CVS for eggs while they were in the dryer. (And BTW, eggs are up to $1.79 at the Oaklyn CVS - more expensive than they were the last time I bought eggs there, but still cheaper than anywhere else.)

I'm glad I did go out around 9 to get the laundry done. I finished around 11:30, which gave me an hour to eat lunch (a Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Butter sandwich), watch a few Muppet Show episodes, and get to work on time.

Work was relatively quiet early on...so quiet, that a manager asked me to clean a very dusty metal display shelving unit holding Herrs chips and dip. I got most of it done between busy spurts - it was on-and-off later.

The weather was no help. It started out somewhat sunny, but clouds had moved in by the time I was heading for work, and it had grown more humid. I'm just hoping we don't get the crazy deluge they're having in the southeast right now. We had enough of that last month.

No comments: