Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Balance and the Holidays

Started off a sunny, clear, windy day with yoga class. I normally prefer the Thursday class, but I work at 12:30 tomorrow and won't really have the time. Erik is in charge of the Wednesday class, and while he's a very sweet man, he's also a yoga whiz. He's amazingly flexible. His classes tend to be fast-paced and difficult. We worked on hip-openers and joint flexibility today, including several ying poses and shoulder stands. I didn't really have a problem with anything but the shoulder stands (which I still can't do) - it was just a matter of keeping up with him!

Went straight to the Collingswood Library after class. Once again, there wasn't a lot to do there. I put two DVDs away, organized the DVDs, and shelved one non-fiction book upstairs.

It's just as well that there was nothing going on at the Library. I wanted to get home and do some raking for Miss Ellie. While we don't have nearly as many leaves on the ground as we did at this time last month, there's still more than there was last December. I wanted to get them up before the winter weather really sets in. Not to mention, this is the last week for leaf pick-up in Oaklyn. I also found another package from Lauren on the porch and a card from Meggan and Jason, married friends in Washington State.

I had a leisurely lunch of leftover chili and an apple before heading to work. Work was on-and-off steady all night, busier than it has been but not as bad as I figured it would be. Everyone must be waiting for Christmas Eve. There were no major problems, and my relief was on-time.

I opened my last present from Lauren when I got home. She gave me the adorable new WebKinz Gray Wolf. I'm going to name him Gabe, as in Dell, one of the original Dead End Kids who would later play the frequently-employed friend of the Bowery Boys. Gabe will move in with Frostina in her Winter Holidays Room.

No comments: