Monday, December 06, 2010

Miss Redmer in Toyland

Started a cloudy, windy day with laundry. Since I didn't get out until almost 11:30, I expected it to be busy. The wind and cold must have scared customers away. There were three older ladies and one mother, nothing too bad. The mother came in after I'd already put my laundry in the dryers, so there were no problems getting machines.

After I got home, I put my laundry away. Had a big lunch of leftover chicken meatloaf from last week, chicken soup from Saturday night, spinach salad, and applesauce. I headed out after I did the dishes.

I wasn't due into work until 3, but I really wanted to check out the Toys R Us Express that had appeared in the Audubon Crossings Mall behind the Acme. I figured it would be the perfect place to buy presents for the kids on my list, and I wasn't disappointed. The only kid I couldn't find something for was the one girl in the family, my cousin Samantha's 5-year-old daughter Faith. Otherwise, I was able to find gifts for my 2-year-old nephew Collyn, Samantha's pre-teen sons Ethan and Matt, and my 4-year-old cousin CJ.

I picked up the Disney Very Merry Christmas Songs Sing-Along on DVD for myself. Yeah, yeah, I know it's for young kids and not a single 31-year-old, but it makes great background music during the holidays. It also includes a couple of songs from Disney direct-to-video productions of the late 90s/early 2000s that are hard to find or expensive on DVD.

I finished shopping just in time. I just made it to work. Work was busy during the first half of my shift. It was so dead during the second half, I spent most of the last two hours I was there putting candy away. I got out quickly, and there were no major problems.

I had shopping luck at work, too. I found the most adorable Baby Jaguar Beanie Baby sitting on Register 1's intercom, ready to be put away. I thought he'd be a perfect companion for my baby nephew Khai to watch his new Go Diego Go! DVD with, especially since the name of the DVD is "The Great Jaguar Rescue."

No comments: