Sunday, December 12, 2010

Wet Christmas

Slept in, then enjoyed Corn Griddle Cakes and a half of a grapefruit while listening to Brunch With the Beatles. Their theme today was "The Beatles In 1969." Good; I prefer their later music. That meant plenty of songs from Abbey Road and Let It Be, including "Get Back," "The Ballad of John and Yoko," and "It's Too Much."

I tried calling Mom after breakfast, but I just got a busy signal. Oh well. I'll try again tomorrow. I updated my finances online instead. I'm going to have to pay my bills this week, but otherwise, my major shopping is done. If anyone shows up unexpectedly, they're getting food or a gift card.

It had been gray, cloudy, and windy all morning, but the rain from last night was gone. This remained as I rode to work. Work was on-and-off steady all night, with no major problems. I was in and out on time. I stocked up on eggs and milk for baking and gift tags for next week's cookie containers, then headed home.

By the time I was on the bike again, it had just started raining. Thankfully, it didn't get really heavy until well after I was inside, eating spinach and cheese egg pancakes and Banana-Apple Muffins for dinner.

Went online for this week's The Dress Circle at 7. The theme was "Everyone Sings Cole Porter," i.e jazz and vocalists sing Cole Porter standards. Even Fred Astaire's classic, smash-hit version of "Night and Day" couldn't compete with the composer himself. I've always loved Cole Porter's charming rendition of "You're the Top," which I have on a 30s CD.

Oh, and the Eagles have the late game for the second week in a row. At press time, they're tied 7-7 with division rivals the Dallas Cowboys.

No comments: