Friday, December 10, 2010

Mint Chocolate Chip Dreams

Began this morning elbow-deep in cocoa and mint and dark chocolate chips. I was making Mint-Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies to send some friends. I think they came out very well, very rich and minty, even if they took a while.

In fact, they took a lot longer than I expected. I barely managed to get a short walk around the neighborhood and lunch in before I headed to work!

Today was my 7 1/2 hour work day, 12:30 to 8. Ironically, it ended up being on and off steady all day, and never more than mildly busy. It went by very quickly, and there were no major problems.

Good thing, because I had a LOT of shopping to do after work! I'll be doing cookies all next week, so I stocked up on things I needed for those, mostly butter and the coconut and maraschino cherries for the Cherry-Coconut Bars. I also needed plastic containers to put the cookies in. That was in addition to all the usual stuff I need - grapefruit, apples, bananas, yogurt, granola bars, soup, Wheat Chex, and chicken breasts.

My schedule next week is pretty much the same as this week's was originally - a little over 20 hours, three days off including next Saturday. (I'll probably end up going in Saturday anyway for grocery shopping and the Acme's store Christmas party.) On one hand, I could use the hours...but on the other hand, it'll be nice to have plenty of time to get the cookies done, for once.

No comments: