Sunday, February 13, 2011

All My Lovin'

Slept until 10 after 10 today. After I got up and got dressed, I made peanut butter-banana pancakes and put on Brunch With the Beatles. "Beatles Love Songs" was the theme today. Famous Beatles ballads include "If I Fell," "Something," "Michelle," "Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)," "All My Lovin'," "She Loves You," and "All You Need Is Love." Romantic solo tunes included "My Love," "Silly Love Songs," "Photograph," and two of my favorite John Lennon solo songs, "Woman" and "(Just Like) Starting Over."

Mom was busy both of the times I talked to her today, but I did finally get to wish my stepfather a happy birthday. He was happy to be home for the weekend...and even happier that his wife was making Magic Bars. ("Magic Bars" are bar cookies made with condensed milk, chocolate chips, coconut, butter, and flour. They're crazy-sweet but have been popular with my family for years. Long-time friends of my sisters and brother still ask for the recipe to this day.)

I had breakfast so late, I barely had the time to wash the dishes and pack a lunch before I headed for work! Good thing it was gorgeous again today. It was windy when I hit the Black Horse Pike, but not quite as cold, and still nice and sunny.

Work was busy all day, but not out of line for a typical Sunday in February, or for the day before a holiday. My relief was on time, and I was in and out with no problems.

I made shrimp stir-fry for dinner, then munched on Banana-Chocolate Chip Bread while listening to The Dress Circle. "Love Songs Performed By Married Couples" was the theme today. We heard numbers sung by twosomes who were either married at one time or still are, including Harriet and Ozzie Nelson, Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick, Broadway performers Liz Larson and Sal Viviano, Shirley Jones and Jack Cassidy, and Rosemary Clooney and Mel Ferrer.

No comments: