Thursday, July 12, 2012

Beautiful Day...but There's Heat On the Horizon

Once again, I got stuck spending a relatively gorgeous day at work. As with yesterday, it was dry and warm but not above the average for the time of year. A nice, brisk wind and some clouds kept temperatures in the mid-upper 80s, where they belong in early July in Southern New Jersey.

At the very least, work was painless. It was pretty much the same deal as yesterday - busy only during the lunch and after-work rush hours, dead otherwise. I don't expect much else for the rest of the month. Most people have probably gone on vacation or are hiding from the heat in their homes or backyards. My relief was late and the guy in self-checkout had to come in for me. Otherwise, there were no really major problems.

I thought a session at the gym would help me relax after a seven-hour work day. It was surprisingly busy, given how empty they've been lately. There turned out to be a class at 5:30. A personal trainer worked with a young woman around that time as well. I did a good, solid workout on the bike while watching Action News, then worked on the leg weight machines. Due to the class, I stretched in the personal training area.

My original plan was to eat out, but I realized that I don't really have much money left. There's a ton of leftovers in my fridge, too. I just rode home and had leftovers in my living room. Waved "hi" to Mark and his son on the way. Looked like they were working on the area under the porch, where the hose is, and the garden today.

No comments: