Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Birthday Daze

First of all, two birthday shout-outs, one belated. My dad Bruce's birthday was on the 28th. My oldest nephew Skylar's birthday is today; he turns 8 years old. I hope they both had a great day!

I slept in this morning and spent an hour finishing Out West. It was near noon when I finally got moving to the gym. The mailman must have shown up early today. The mail had already arrived by 10:30. It usually doesn't come until between 11:30 and 12:30. I dropped off my nephew's birthday card and present in the "out of town" slot at the Audubon Post Office instead.

The gym was busy when I arrived. Maybe the women were just interested in watching Team USA play Germany in Men's Indoor Volleyball. (USA won, 3-0.) I even saw one of the college students from the Acme working out in the weight area. I got a really nice stationary bike session in, then did the leg weight machines. I also brought my iPod in for the first time to listen to while on the bike. It worked really well; better than the same five songs Lucile Roberts keeps playing over and over.

Went straight home after the gym. Had a quick leftover lunch while watching Snow White and the Three Stooges, then went for a short walk to Dad's to bring him his Lime Mousse Pie and birthday card. I had a short chat with him and Jodie, who were just watching one of the 900 Law & Order re-runs on cable. They just went out to lunch together on his birthday, but they seem to have enjoyed themselves.

I came home and finished the Stooges before heading to work. Work was pretty much the same has it has been - quiet when I come in and leave, very busy during rush hour. (It was so quiet when I came in, I spent an hour organizing shelves of Goya items.) We actually had plenty of help, unusual for this time of year, but we're also coming up on the beginning of the month. Some people may have gotten their money already.

No comments: