Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Not So Hot

While it does remain a bit humid, the weather was on-and-off cloudy today and not nearly as warm as last week. I think it was in the mid-80s, about par for the course at this time of year. I actually have the air conditioner off. I get so sick of it running constantly. It makes so much noise.

I slept in this morning and pretty much just watched Stooges shorts until it was time for work. Work was the same as Monday, though a bit quieter during rush hour. I don't imagine things will change much for the next couple of weeks as people head to the Shore or the Poconos for vacation. There were a few annoying folks who gave more orders than help, but otherwise, it was quiet and my relief was on time.

I was glad to be able to get home at a decent time, for once. I got to make a nice dinner of chicken burgers, steamed speckled beans, and sauteed zucchini. Mark, Andrew, and Mark's son came upstairs while dinner was cooking. I explained about the weak spot in the porch. Andrew said he'd find a smaller board to cover the spot, rather than the two huge two-by-fours that just gather leaves (and possibly add to the problem).

No comments: