Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Balance and the Two Libraries

I don't often do yoga on other days of the week besides Thursday. I really like the two classes that day. This week, I work too early on Thursday to catch either class. A young lady named Debbie was the substitute today; apparently, the regular Tuesday morning teacher is pregnant and two weeks overdue! Thankfully, she mostly concentrated on simply standing poses and hip-openers. I kept things simple; my sore heel spur and legs weren't in the mood for pushing things.

Headed for the Collingswood Library right after class ended. Not a whole lot to do there. FA said they might need my help upstairs, but there were only a few books to put away. I shelved some non-fiction and did a little browsing. Filed and shelved a few DVD titles downstairs, then organized the children's shelves.

Decided to try somewhere new for lunch. Knight's Bistro, on the corner of Collings Avenue and Haddon Avenue, just opened a few months ago in what was a flower shop when I first moved here. It's pretty much a fancier, smaller version of a diner, with a basic pizza/pasta/sandwiches menu, simple but elegant gold-and-rough-wood decor, and decent prices. It did take at least ten minutes for me to get service, despite not being that busy at noon. The waitresses didn't even see me! At least my vegetable stromboli was really good when I finally got it, soft and chewy and filled with tomato, broccoli, spinach, and LOTS of cheese.

Went straight to the Haddon Township Library after lunch. Not a whole lot to do there, either. I mostly shelved DVDs and fished foreign and kids' titles out of the adult bins. The foreign titles are really jammed in; no wonder so many of them ended up in the wrong places. Took out Green Lantern (which I never got to a few weeks ago), Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation (I've seen it, but it's appropriate for the time of year), the romantic comedy-mystery Scoop, and a public domain copy of Life With Father.

Made quick stops at Super Fresh, Dollar Tree, and Rite Aid on the way home. Super Fresh was out of the clearance fruit concentrates and Dollar Tree was out of sponges, but Rite Aid did have mouthwash on sale. Thankfully, the traffic on Cuthbert wasn't too bad, and I was able to get home quickly.

It was past 3:30 by the time I made it home. I'd been going since 9 this morning! I put everything away and started Life With Father and dusting the living room, but I didn't get very far. In fact, I got tired and bored, even though the dusting needed to be done.

Rose called me when I was out; did I want some seafood and to join her, Dad, Khai, and Craig at Dad and Uncle Ken's for dinner? Sure, why not. I'd make burgers tomorrow. Khai, Craig, Jodie, and Dad were in the pool when I arrived; Rose got there shortly after with a big bowl of seafood gumbo and a delicious Blueberry-Peach Cobbler. The gumbo was a little spicy, but very tasty. The cobbler was heavenly, just sweet enough. Rose said she and the boys had picked pounds and pounds of blueberries from a farm earlier in the day (well, the ones Khai didn't sneak into his mouth, that is). Khai probably would have preferred blueberry-peach cobbler. He kept shoving his baby carrots and sliced hot dogs into one of his cars.

With Dolores and Uncle Ken visiting Samantha and her family in Ocean City, Maryland, the rest of the family had free reign of the house. Dad put on Monsters Inc. for Khai (he couldn't find Cars). The adults played a game of pool on Uncle Ken's pool table. They were probably about half-way through when I realized it was getting late, and I wanted to hop in the shower before I went online.

No comments: